Top Indian badminton player dies from electric shock

Badminton News: Sad news surrounds the Indian badminton federation. Bengal's top men's doubles and mixed doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag reportedly died due to electric shock and suffered severe burns on Monday (26/11).

The 26-year-old was electrocuted while working on repairing a railway carriage in the Indian state of Bengal on Saturday (11/24).

After undergoing intensive treatment at the Eastern Railway Sing Hospital, the player could not survive and was declared dead on Monday morning.

Distressed over Nag's death, Railway Director General Harindra Rao said if anyone was found guilty due to management negligence, that person would be punished severely as per the laws of the country.

“He was part of the railway family and we are deeply saddened,” Rao said.

Nag, who was recruited by the railways on the athletes' route, had been working in Karkurgachi for the past four or five years.

Nag was part of the Indian U-19 team which held a training camp in Mauritius in July 2011.

He is one of the best players in men's doubles and mixed doubles who has been representing Bengal for many years from junior to senior level.

“Nag has brought many laurels with his skills and passionate passion for the sport of badminton. His absence will certainly leave a deep void in badminton in Bengal,” said Biswas, president of the Badminton Federation of India, Bengal.

Article Tag: Trinankur Nag, Bengal, Badminton Federation of India, electric shock

Cheryl Tenny

"Thinker. Food advocate. Incurable coffee enthusiast. Communicator. Proud student. Zombie buff. Tv fanatic. Extreme troublemaker."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *