Travel is still on everyone’s mind. Well it is constantly on mine. Those of you who did not get to travel during the holiday season will get another opportunity during spring, here we have guest writer Maria who gives us some tips for the 5 best tourist cities around the world.Maria is from Manchester,a passionate writer and a blogger.She writes about travel, technology, business, how to make money online and currently writing on PPI Claims. Follow her at financeport and check out her site http://www.instant-ppiclaims.co.uk to learn more about insurance claims and how to help you with other insurance matters.
A tourist city is a place of interest where tourists visit, for its inherent ethical values, historical significance, natural or built beauty, or amusement opportunities. Some examples include historical places, monuments, zoos, aquariums, museums and art galleries, botanical gardens, buildings and structures, national parks and forests, theme parks and carnivals, living history museums, ethnic enclave communities, historic trains and cultural events. Many tourist attractions are also landmarks.
There are many tourist cities in the world; some of them are given below:
Paris is the capital and largest city of France. It is also called as city of romance. It is situated on the river Seine. Its metropolitan area is one of the largest centers in Europe, with 12 million on population. Today, Paris is one of the world’s leading business and cultural centers. Every year it welcomes almost 1.51 million of sightseers.
Attractions in Paris
- Notre-Dame, Eiffel tower sacre-coeur and the world-class Louvre and Musée d’Orsay museums offer a healthy dose of culture.
- Famous French creamy cheeses, rich sauces and aromatic wines are served at any restaurant.
- Add to this the spectacular scenery which is unforgettable; A simple stroll along the River Seine will lead to some memorable photo-ops.
London is the capital city of England and United Kingdom. It is located on the river Thames. London is a leading global city in the world, with strengths in arts, science, education, entertainment, fashion, media, health etc. it has a diverse range of people and cultures, and more than 300 languages are spoken within its boundaries.
Attractions of London:
- Tower of London is a historic castle on the north bank of river Thames.
- Buckingham Palace is the principal work place of British monarch located in city of west minister.
- Piccadilly Circus and Camden Town appeal to those looking for an edgier experience. Check out the original Madam Tussaud’s, along with various museums.
- It has variety of restaurants which serves different varieties from Indian to Italian cuisine.
New York City, USA
New York is a state in the Northeastern region of the United States with 8.1 million of population in United States. It is America’s cultural hub. It is known for its status as a center for finance and culture and for its status as the largest gateway for immigration to the United States.
Attractions of New York:
- Metropolitan museum of art is the largest museum, with significant art collections with more than 2 million works.Other tourist must visit are Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Centre,Brooklyn bridge and statue of Liberty to name some.
- New York has prestigious shopping districts like Fifth Avenue and SoHo and is consistently ranked among the most expensive shopping streets in the world.
- It has variety of gourmet restaurants and night clubs to enjoy. From Greenwich village food, to sophisticated bar at Four Seasons to the casual Old town bar and grill all is found in New York.
Singapore city, Singapore
Attractions of Singapore:
- It has stunning architecture, food and traditions, the various temples and museums are a must visit, like Sri Mariamman temple, Chang museum.
- It has leafy forests with wide variety of mammals, reptiles, birds, flora etc. People often visit Singapore to mingle with its wild life sanctuary, like the Botanical gardens, Singapore zoo and Night Safari.
- Sentosa Island, Universal Studios and Escape Theme Park
Attractions of Sydney:
- Sydney Opera House is largely built by Danish architect; it is a multi-venue art center.
- Manly Beach is located in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Australia, with in walkable distance from there you can find shops, clubs, night dives etc. There are also a lot of other beaches like Cronula beach, Palm beach and Shelly beach to visit.
- Sydney has a lot of museums to visit like Hyde Park Barrack museum which is a historical site, Sydney cricket ground and Sydney wildlife Sanctuary are other places to visit.