Going organic and going green seems to be the new mantra these days and if you are not doing that you seem to be a social pariah. This holds true for everything from what you wear to what you eat and what you apply on your skin. As intimidating as it sounds it really is not so tough as we have a lot of natural ingredients which are easily available and simple to use with great benefits, one of them being Coconut. Coconut has a ton of health and beauty benefit, in fact each element from the Coconut water, to Coconut milk to eating coconut have its own individual benefits. Here we have noted a few of the benefits.
1. Coconut is a potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal it is a great cleanser of our guts.
2. They can boost thyroid function by up to 20% which means it helps boosting our metabolism and energy production.
3. Coconut water is again an amazing substance, this stuff has an array of health benefits firstly it is low in carbs and sugars and one of the best hydrators, fluid replacers known to man.
4. Eating coconuts also supports the development of strong, healthy bones and teeth.
5. It also helps hair to become more healthy and lustrous.
6. The oil is excellent for keeping one young and beautiful. Its antioxidant properties slow down the aging process by protecting the body from harmful free radicals.
So now that we know a few of these amazing properties of Coconut we got Dr. Jaishree Sharad to share with us a few tips, so as to use Coconut to its full potential for beauty treatments to help us during this winter.”The various benefits of coconut milk are known for its immediate skin brightening. With the winter season in full swing, it is essential to stock up on products that retain moisture, so that you aren’t plagued with the dry and flaky ‘winter itch’. An ideal product, beneficial for all skin types, is one that has coconut milk as its base ingredient. I advise the best ever practice of adopting the all-weather Cleanse – Exfoliate – Moisturize routine the au-natural way!”
Exfoliate: Fatty acids present in coconut milk ensure that you can use it to exfoliate your skin, without stripping it of its natural oils. Make two very effective full-body scrubs by mixing equal parts of coconut milk with sugar or mixing roasted and chopped almonds and honey in coconut milk and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it on till it dries a bit, before washing it off. You will be left with supple, glowing skin that you can confidently flaunt to a rapt audience.
Cleanse: Fatty acids present in coconut milk are a reason why it makes a great cleanser. Coconut milk can be used to clean your skin of the dirt that collects on it in the course of the day. Lotions, on the other hand, are a popular means to remove make-up. Thus, it is only natural to opt for a coconut milk based lotion, since you will be able to free your skin not only of all cosmetics, but grime and dirt too.
Moisturize: Coconut milk is all our skin needs for daily moisturization. The natural miracle fruit is known to have eminent soothing properties that help instantly replace lost moisture in dehydrated skin. The natural collagen found in coconut is an excellent remedy for dry skin as its plumps the skin rendering instant softness. It is also a good ingredient to add into face masks. Another trade secret is that coconut milk based lotions are highly recommended in moisturizing our feet, elbows and knees – essentially, any part of your body that could use some extra moisturization. The easy and quick absorption property of coconut milk based moisture onto our skin is advantageous in case of being used on the feet.
- Why Coconuts Are So Good For You (fitsofhealth.com)
- Guest Post: Coconut Magic straight from the creators mouth! (mynutritionalbliss.com)