Each time we think organic and eco-friendly we instantly think recycled paper, natural fibre like jute and other such material which is branded eco-friendly.All of which sounds good on paper but feels like a very tedious task to actually go ahead and incorporate in our lives. But, doing our bit for nature in terms of recycle and reuse may not necessarily be a tedious task or involve a major change in our lifestyle. Even small things can be done to recycle and revamp our space.
Here are a few examples of how you can reuse and recycle normal household items to revamp your space:
1.Left with single pieces of crockery and cutlery?
- Fill the soup bowls and cups with wax to make your own candle’s, which can be remade anytime the was gets over. They make great display pieces and can be used on consoles/dining tables. To learn how check here.
- Single left over forks can make for great note holders. Just hang them in the kitchen wall upside down to make note displays.
- Left with single pieces of plates, convert them into wall art. Pick a wall in your house to display all these plate
2. Want to revamp your furniture?It does not have to be a long and expensive process, a few tricks and you can revamp it on your own
- To change your headboard, you can use leftover fabric swatches to make a cushioned fabric panel. To see how click here.
- You can also add fabric or paper at the back of shelves to give a new look to old cupboards and shelves. The same can be done on drawers
- Cover your side-table top with a coloured mirror, this will instantly make the piece look new and good.
- Have an old shed door lying around? Use it as a mirror frame and have a beautiful mirror as your living room center piece.
3. Other ideas to recycle, reuse and revamp your space
- Left over wine bottles-Use them as planters and hang them on your balcony (you can do the same with old light bulbs). Else put fairy lights in them and make them a light display in your living room. Finally, you can also coat them with bright paint and use them as a cluster of vases in different colours
- Make memory jars- You don’t have to spend a bomb to buy expensive accessories for your home. Simple food jars can be filled with momentos of your travels and places together to make interesting accessories, they make for great conversation starters as well
- Handpainted ceramic tiles-All you need to do is add felt to the bottom and you have beautiful coasters ready for use.
- Old car tyres- These can be used as base for your patio tables.Place two tyres on each other and keep two such sets at a distance. Simply place a sheet of acrylic on them and you have an outdoor table
- Art work- This does not have to be an expensive investment, one idea is make panels of various sizes and cover them in fabric them place them on a wall. Else use old greeting cards in floating frames and place them on the wall.