So as a stylist most people feel my job is to go shopping. I mean really when I lived with my parents that is what my dad thought I did for a living. He could not understand anything besides the fact that my name came in the magazine each month. Well in a way it is true and which is why I love it so much. Since I am on a break of kinds, I mean I am still doing freelance shoots for magazines but you know what I mean, I just figured I will share something with you: The thing is with a magazine alot of times not all the products I actually sourced or loved made it to the pages. I mean alot of times it was a layout call, as in even if the product is fabulous it doesn’t look good with the rest, but mostly it is cause a magazine has limited space. So I have decided to start this thing which I am going to update every week, My style picks of the week. Thats me by the way in the picture. Since it is my column I figured I could have a picture of me (What? If I was doing a column for a magazine they would put my picture in wont they?) So here goes, my top picks of the week and the reason I like them
- Silver Collection, Amrapali. Cause Silver looks good at all ages and styles
- Votive holder, Bianca. Well, ok with this peice it is the colour and design. I can so imagine it on my terrace/garden with candles, or if you like quirky like I do then on the living room centre table*, about 3 in different styles.
- Puzzle Chaise lounge, Ego Paris. Cause with space being such an issue in most metros I love how well these peices fit together. And I would love to be wrapped up with my significant other, inside the puzzle (when I have one,both significant other and the chaise lounge)
- Flower vases, Magppie. Bright colour is my thing, nuff said
- Ikat collection, Cocoon fine rugs. India is home, India is inspiration and I love the print on this rug, I can picture it with a completely modern living room setting. Would make a great fusion look.
- Mademoiselle collection, Christopher Guy at International Furniture Brands. Cause we are the divas and deserve nothing less than a collection dedicated to us. (An entire nation me thinks, but will do with this collection for the time being)
- Classic collection, Westinghouse. This is for all the men I know. Simply cause a girl likes to have a nice cup of tea in the morning and thats the least you can do for her, (plus impress her on the morning after with this sleek kettle )
- Zodax Spring, Renovation factory. Well besides the fact that we have the last bit of spring left here, its just so pretty and feminine
- Multicoloured necklace, Toniq accessories. It is bright and cool, imagine it one a plain white dress this upcoming summer. With the correct footwear you are ready to attend any brunch, or sundown party.(I told you I love brunches and parties)
- Chair, Beyond Designs. Well it looks classy and if your taste is a little on the traditional side it would make great living room side chairs or formal dining chairs.
*My centre table is actually two painted steel trunks stacked up on each other. One is orange and one is blue. Well, it looks quirky and is great for storage.